Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

These are some things I am thankful for this year:
  • a warm and comfortable home.
  • my health.
  • freedom from debilitating depression.
  • my partner, Tony, who brings laughter and love into my home, and who has taught me how to relax without guilt.
  • my secure income and ability to pay for necessities and some luxuries, such as my computer and internet connection.
  • the discovery of a rich and thoughtful community of librarians on the net.
  • my therapy group with whom I share challenges and celebrate insights and victories every week.
  • my coworkers who are such a joy to work with.
  • the opportunity to try new things in my library and volunteer work.
  • the donors who keep our animal shelter financially solvent.
  • a great manager to run the animal shelter on a daily basis.
  • my pets and and the dogs I foster, who keep me grounded in simple things, and show unconditional love.
  • the beauty of the natural surroundings on this mountain in Tennessee.

No comments: